Portfolio Modelling Manager
Blackpool / Hybrid Working
Competitive Salary plus Excellent Benefits
Perch Group are growing and off the back of that growth they are looking to recruit a Portfolio Modelling Manager for their Data Science team.
You will be responsible for:-
- Leading the construction, continual development and monitoring of the business’ dynamic re-forecasting models to be applied to Perch’s back book of historically acquired assets and newly acquired portfolios, typically applying statistical techniques including, but not limited to, generalised linear models and Monte Carlo methods/simulations.
- Leading in the construction and enhancement of cashflow forecasting models to support the Portfolio Acquisitions Team’s decisioning and valuation process when acquiring new assets.
- Building, enhancing and monitoring operational scorecards used to support key decisions made by the business
- Assisting in the construction and analytics behind the operational decision engine by which customers would flow through as part of the post-acquisition collections process.
- Engaging with external credit bureau’s and financial institutions to understand and obtain the required data to support the development of existing and new statistical models
- Writing and presenting findings and model developments from a governance perspective back to Senior Management.
- Assisting in the review and analysis of portfolio performance post-acquisition.
You will need to have:-
Mathematics/Accounting or analytical background preferred. 1st class degree/Masters /PhD are ideal
Previous Working Experience
At least 2-3 years (role dependent) in Decision Science/Strategy and/or credit analytics experience within the financial services sector.
- At least 1-3 years working in a large debt purchaser; or
- At least 3-5 years working in a large FCA regulated environment.
- Previous analytics experience working with and manipulating large datasets (preferably in SQL/R/Python).
- Experience in building, testing and applying complex cash forecasting models/ERC models
- Good understanding of cashflow forecasting and linear/logistic regression models.
- A passion for what you do
- Excellent numeracy and commercial skills
- Analytical with a high attention to detail.
- Ambitious, driven and keen to progress.
- Ability to use Excel, SQL and willingness to apply R, SAS and/or Python
- Proficient in R, SAS and/or Python
We are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits (bonus 20%) and the ability to work hybrid.