Risk & Compliance Manager
Blackpool / Hybrid Working
Competitive salary (incl 20% bonus)
Perch Group, a specialist purchaser of defaulted or non-paying accounts from a range of UK companies., are looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Manager to join their exiting business based in Blackpool.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Apply knowledge and experience of risk and compliance management practices within Financial Services to take a lead role in enhancing the Group control framework through delivery of effective advice and support
- Comply with the individual conduct rules and meet the Company’s fit and proper standards, which will be assessed on a regular basis and will also provide support and guidance across the group to ensure compliance with the regulatory framework the business operates within.
The main responsibilities will be to:-
- Provide accurate advice and guidance regarding compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve financial promotions and all marketing literature.
- Review and advise on business change requests.
- Attend internal Committees on behalf of Compliance as and when required.
- Identify and analyse emerging Compliance risks and trends. Provide feedback and recommendations to other Compliance and Business colleagues on how to mitigate these risks.
- Produce Regulatory Gap Analysis’s and thematic type reports when required.
- Provide constructive challenge to help ensure that regulatory obligations, and risk is taken account of within the project.
- Participate and/or lead in internal business/governance meetings and represent the Group externally as required.
- Ensure that any reports required for those meetings are provided in a timely manner and are focused and relevant to the meeting topic.
- Provide constructive challenge within meetings regarding relevant regulatory requirements.
- Support the business in the operation, analysis, and resolution of issues/incident management together with the wider Risk and Compliance function.
- Conduct routine and regular horizon risk scanning ensuring key stakeholders are aware and are ahead of upcoming change as well as supporting with the delivery of those changes where necessary.
- Ensure Group Policies and Policy Manuals go through the required governance committees and ensuring the policy review schedule is managed in conjunction with the Chief Risk Officer.
- Ensure FLA returns are submitted on behalf of the business in a timely manner.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and investigations as directed by the Chief Risk Officer.
The successful candidate will need to have:-
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a relevant, Risk and Compliance role (preferably at a senior level) within a regulated environment
- Must have experience of managing people / teams
- Strong experience in the preparation and presentation of Management Information
- Experience of the Debt Purchase and Debt Collection Sector desirable but not essential
The client are paying a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum plus benefits and will offer hybrid working of 2 days in the officer 3 days from home.