Up to 48000
We are partnering with a Professional Services business in Lancashire that are on the search for an Internal Auditor to join their highly talented Risk and Compliance function.
You will be reporting into the Quality & Compliance Monitoring Manager.
The main responsibilities for this role are:-
- Assisting in the development of an Audit Universe and drive the development of the Annual Audit Plan
- Lead the internal audit process and deliver audit fieldwork, reporting and record keeping against the annual audit plan
- Complete risk based ad-hoc investigations and business support activities as required by the Head of Risk & Compliance.
- Assist in the development of the team and ensure the audit and monitoring work and output meets the required standards
- Drive continuous improvement and development across the business.
- Executive level engagement, interaction and exposure to a wide variety of pension scheme audits.
- Identifying and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
You will be accountable for the following:-
- Promote and demonstrate the presence of effective internal controls, policies and procedures for the pensions administration business.
- Ensure that there is a continual improvement and learning programme, following the reporting of any COP14 issues identified, across all areas of the administration business
- Ensure that regulatory policies are in place for the business
- Ensure that reporting in relation to the audit and monitoring is made in a timely and consistent manner as required.
- To demonstrate team ethics and work as part of the business and group teams supporting the business objectives
- Continually develop personal knowledge and skill to maintain subject expert status on all matters relating to audit and monitoring and regulatory risk across the pensions administration business.
The successful candidate will be:-
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proactive and self motivated
- At least 3 years audit experience
- Financial Services experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements such as TPR COP14