Operational Management Accountant - 12 Months FTC
£37000 plus Benefits
Fixed Term Contract
We are partnering with National Nuclear Laboratory on their search for an Operations Accountant.
The role of the Operations Accountant involves being a key member of the Business Finance team, the role will directly report into the Finance Business Partner providing financial support across the delivery operations cost centres.
Key responsibilities will include maintaining cost control, supporting forecasting & budgeting, month end duties and regular review and reporting.
Main responsibilities of the Operations Accountant will be:-
- Accounting lead across cost centres in Delivery Operations, Infrastructure and Compliance.
- Key support to Heads of capabilities with regular communication and attendance of team meetings.
- Support the development of quick, accurate and accessible management information for all key stakeholders with a range of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. This will include the reporting of key performance KPI’s and metrics e.g. customer recovery, availability, headcount.
- Support the ongoing forecasting and budgeting process within the company. This will include attendance of project reviews, supporting micro level forecasting and the macro consolidation to work stream level.
- Cost control and governance – to ensure that all costs are managed and controlled in line with NNL’s internal control policies and procedures.
- Month End – Supporting the finance team to achieve month-end deadlines demonstrating accurate accounting records, accruals and internal controls and close liaison with teams and senior management.
- Key focus will be on accurate accounting of all overhead costs and resource recoveries.Build strong relationships with all key stakeholders including as well as having a key role in the continued education of non-finance stakeholders.
Essential Criteria for Operations Accountant
- Part Qualified Level or above.
- Very strong excel skills and ability to work with large quantities of data essential.
- Experience of providing financial support to operational managers in a project environment
- Strong communicator, able to elicit information from stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to translate detailed and complex information into concise and coherent management information.
- Must be diligent and use own initiative to resolve issues.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the finance team and across the business.
- Ability to achieve SC Clearance
Desirable Criteria for Operations Accountant
- Current CIMA/ACCA StudierKnowledge of major Finance ERP systems (Agresso would be a bonus).
- Strong organisational and time management skillsGood knowledge of other MS Office packages Word and PowerPoint